There shall be peace and friendship!
The ANC believes that economic and political cooperation with other countries can improve the lives of our own people and will continue to work towards a better life for all, a better Africa and a better world, without hunger, disease, conflict and underdevelopment. The ANC government will:
- Work together with people of our continent and its Diaspora for cohesion, unity, democracy and prosperity of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and African Union and strengthening our capabilities to respond to the challenges we face.
- Continue to work towards regional economic integration in Southern Africa on a fair, equitable and developmental basis, promoting SADC integration based on a developmental model that includes infrastructure development, cooperation in the real economy and development of regional supply chains. The ANC government will ensure that trade unions and representatives of the business community are represented in SADC.
- Spare no energy in our efforts to find urgent, democratic and lasting solutions to the situation in Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Sudan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Western Sahara, Somalia and other countries.
- Continue to support the global campaign to achieve the Millennium Development Goals by 2015.
- Conduct awareness campaigns among our people to prevent incidents of xenophobia, and work for the integration into our communities of all who are resident in our country, acknowledging the contribution that foreign nationals make to our economy.
- Work together with the countries of the South to continue to promote south-south relations and agitate for a fairer and more humane international trade and financial system and a just world order.
- Commit to the peaceful resolution of all conflicts in Africa, the Middle East and rest of the world. We support a two state solution as a model of peace between Israel and Palestine, recognizing the right of Israel to exist as a sovereign state and support the establishment of a strong and sovereign Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders.
- House the Pan Africanist Women Organisation (PAWO) following the outcomes of the historic conference of PAWO held in South Africa in 2008.